Time for my second experimental stevia recipe! Did you miss #1? Definitely have a gander—methinks you shall soon want some almond cookies in your life. You can even score a chance at some free stevia via my giveaway. I’m choosing a winner Friday—get on it!
So here’s today’s recipe. Don’t pretend like you didn’t see ice cream coming a mile away. ;)
Double Carob Chip Ice Cream (Vegan)
- 2 cans coconut (one lite, one regular)
- 60 drops NuNaturals liquid vanilla stevia
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp carob powder
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup carob chips
- Combine all remaining ingredients except for carob chips in a blender and whiz just until well-incorporated.
- Process ice cream batter in your ice cream maker per manufacturer’s instructions.*
- Add carob chips in the last 5 minutes or so of processing.
- Freeze and enjoy!
*If you don’t have an ice cream maker, I recommend blending ingredients per step 1, then placing the ice cream mixture in the freezer. Stir every 10-20 minutes or so until the mixture has reached soft serve texture, at which point you could stir in the carob chips. Feel free to nosh as soon as you have achieved your desired ice cream thickness.
My photos don’t do much justice to the carob chips, but they were in there, I swear!
No carob of any kind on hand? Feel free to substitute cocoa powder for a chocolate version. You might also like to top your ice cream with something fun like, I don’t know…say, Raw Almond Cookies?
Carob has a very distinct taste, but I kinda love it for a chocolate alternative every once in a while. How about you—carob, chocolate or both?
Stevia giveaway here!