For this recipe, I used NuNaturals Alcohol Free Stevia liquid.
Raw Almond Cookies
- 1 cup almond meal/pulp/flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp raw almond butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 30 drops NuNaturals alcohol free stevia liquid (or other sweetener to taste)
- Preheat oven to 150* (or prep dehydrator if that’s how you roll).
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until you have a soft ball of dough.
- Scoop by the tablespoon-ful onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 60-90 minutes. I left them in the oven for 90 minutes, but the bottoms were beginning to brown by that point (not my intention), so keep an eye on them and use your judgement.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Store in the refrigerator.
With stevia, I prefer to err on the side of less sweet because too much tastes funny to me, so definitely taste the batter before baking to make sure it’s sweetened to your liking. To the credit of NuNaturals, though, I haven’t yet noticed that funny taste that I’ve heretofore associated with stevia.
I really love these cookies! If you like almond-flavored desserts (Russian Tea Cookies?) or marzipan, you’ll totally dig these lil bites. Best use of almond pulp (as in leftover ground almonds from making almond milk) ever!
And it goes without saying that these cookies are totally healthy, especially without all the added sugars. Along with a tall glass of the almond milk that accompanied the creation of this recipe, I’m thinkin’ cookies and milk are a totally legitimate breakfast now. ;)