Hey kids, I’m home with a cold today, so I’m enlisting some blog help in the form of a guest post sent to me by Susan White. Be back next week…
The Benefits of Clean Eating
If you believe that you are what you eat, you’re definitely going to be wary about what you put in your stomach. You’re going to pick and choose the foods you eat because you know that clean eating, the act of choosing to eat foods that are healthy and that provide you with the maximum nutrients and eating at the right times and in the right amounts, is the way to go if you want to stay fit and healthy no matter how old you are. But if you’re used to eating anything and everything that’s put before you without any kind of discrimination, you’re going to become overweight and put yourself at risk to a host of diseases. There are various benefits to clean eating, the most significant of which are:
- You maintain a healthy weight: You are not prone to random weight gains and losses when you adhere to clean eating habits. Your meals are balanced and not loaded with fatty substances and sugared drinks, so you consume just the calories you need and avoid overeating or indulging yourself.
- You feel more energized: Stuffing yourself with fries and pizzas when the mood strikes may seem like a delicious option, but it ruins your health in more ways than one. Even if you’re the type who has a high metabolic rate and don’t put on weight easily, eating too much of processed food that is rich in carbohydrates and sugars will end up sapping your energy reserves and leaving you lethargic and somnolent all day long. When you adopt clean eating habits, you stay energized and alert all day long, no matter how early you wake up.
- You are not prone to disease and ill health: Clean eating prevents the onset of lifestyle diseases like diabetes, cardiac problems, obesity and strokes. It helps you to stay fit and boosts your immune system so that you’re not prone to frequent colds and fevers. And it helps you recover fast from any kind of illness, no matter how serious it is.
- You look and feel good: When you eat foods that are rich in vitamins and other nutrients, your skin glows and your hair grows thick and luxuriously long. You feel good about yourself because you’re slim and you look great, no matter how old you are. You avoid caffeine, alcohol, sugar and any other substance that makes you look pasty and gives you bags under your eyes.
- You sleep better: When you eat the right food at the right time and in the right amount, you don’t suffer from digestive problems that are both embarrassing and uncomfortable. You sleep better and wake up refreshed each morning, ready to face a new day. You don’t feel sleepy during the daytime and succumb to the temptation to take a nap, and in the process ruin your nighttime sleep. And your health benefits as a result of this sound sleep that you enjoy every night.
So if you’re not a big fan of clean eating habits, now is a good time to turn over a new leaf.