Good evening! It’s a late night chez moi so I’m going to use this opportunity to pass on some information about a great New Year’s initiative Gena has put together in conjunction with Spark! Wellness. If you’re thinking you might enjoy some friendly (yet professional!) hand-holding in your commitment to health for 2010, consider participating in these ladies’ January Cleanse.
Here’s the vital info:
Spark! Wellness / Choosing Raw January Cleanse 2010
Spark! Wellness, a New York City-based wellness group, has teamed up with clinical nutritionist and raw foods coach Gena Hamshaw to launch a 10-day group cleanse in January 2010. Spark! practitioners Andrea Moss and Hadley Seward will join Ms. Hamshaw in different levels of cleanses appropriate for everyone, from the timid newbies to the hardcore. Each level will include a detailed overview of the cleanse, shopping list, sample meal plans, two 30-minute group support calls, and unlimited access to a group forum for continued support.
- Level 1 focuses on gently reducing inflammation in the body caused by hidden food allergies or sensitivities, as well as discovering what foods each person's body does not tolerate well. By the end, participants will have more energy, feel lighter, and have a deeper understanding of how food affects their bodies. This cleanse is designed for people who have never done a detox before or who currently eat a diet high in meat, dairy, sugar, processed foods, and/or caffeine.
- Level 2 takes it one step further to help you reboot your metabolism, while adding several supplements along the way to help support your body for a deeper cleanse. Participants will boost energy levels and reduce toxic internal inflammation by taking a break from foods that are difficult for our systems to digest. This is a great cleanse for those who already eat moderately healthy and are ready to take their wellness, energy levels, and metabolism to the next level.
- Level 3 focuses on restoring the body’s alkalinity, in enhancing elimination and digestive health, and on awakening stored toxins with raw, plant based foods and vegetable juice. It will be a user-friendly introduction to raw foods and how to implement them. Participants can opt for either a high-raw or a semi-raw protocol, and cooked options will be offered at night. The cleanse will be 100% vegan. This is a perfect cleanse for those who have some familiarity with an plant-based diet, but who are seeking to enhance digestive health and break lingering addictions to processed foods and animal products. It's also a perfect option for those who have dabbled in raw foods and juicing, but need some guidance in maintaining consistency into 2010.
Upon signing up, each participant will receive instructions on how to begin slowly eliminating addictive foods, such as sugar and caffeine, from their diets before the cleanse.
Outcomes of the 10-day cleanse include:
- Resetting the body's metabolism
- Getting rid of toxins
- Reducing inflammation
- Losing 'fluff' weight
- Feeling lighter & reducing bloating
- Learning about new and healthy foods you enjoy eating
- Improving digestion
- Clearer skin
- More energy
- Giving our bodies a chance to heal
- Getting the 'glow'
- Revitalizing your diet and your life by breaking out of negative thinking and unhealthy patterns
Why participate in a group detox?
- Better success having on-going support from your peers than from doing it alone
- Share recipes and tips that work as you go along
- Meet new friends who share similar health goals
- Receive support from qualified health practitioners to ensure a safe, effective experience
Why a telephone group class?
- Easy and convenient, from the comfort of your own home or while on-the-go
- People from across the country can participate
- Provides anonymity for those who prefer it
The cleanse will last from January 18-27. All three practitioners will jointly host a teleclass on the benefits of a cleanse, as well as details of the program, on January 6 at 8pm. Regular cost is $60; people who sign up before 12/31 get $10 off; people who sign up with a friend each get $5 off. Bloggers who participate in the cleanse and promote on their blog receive $10 off. Holistic Health practitioners receive $10 off.
Gena Hamshaw, CCN, is a clinical nutritionist with an emphasis on raw foods, digestive health, and detoxification. She works with clients of all ages, backgrounds, and dietary persuasions to find easy, affordable and lasting steps towards a healthy lifestyle. Gena is passionate about helping women and men break cycles of deprivation and achieve a sense of pride in a healthy, balanced lifestyle. She specializes in recovery from digestive distress, particularly IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). Gena is the author of the popular blog, Choosing Raw, where she shares recipes, tips, and musings on the raw lifestyle. Read more about Gena’s work at Choosingraw.com.
Andrea Moss is a certified holistic health counselor whose mission is to empower and inspire her clients to create extraordinary lives for themselves by helping them discover a way of eating and living that will leave them vibrant, satiated, and happy. She strongly believes that the path to health and wellness should feel like fun! Through Andrea's step-by-step, enjoyable programs, she helps her clients reach their ideal weight, reduce stress, and feel confident about what to eat. Andrea is a member of Spark! Wellness and works with her clients in person Union Square, NY, in Park Slope, Brooklyn, and all over the country by telephone.
Hadley Seward, CHHC, is a certified holistic health counselor who specializes in supporting women who eat emotionally and want to break free of that cycle. She also has extensive experience identifying food allergies and helping clients remove those foods from their diet without feeling deprived. Hadley is a founding member of Spark! Wellness and works with clients in person in New York City and via telephone around the country. Read more about her at Spark!.
Cleansing not what you had in mind? At least show Gena some love on the Best of Raw 2009 ballot. She’s nominated in three categories: Raw Vegan Educator, Raw Blog and Raw Vegan Website. Click here to vote!