Ever since FoodBuzz sent me my two sample loaves of Nature’s Pride bread, they have sat ignored in my freezer. I am a negligent Tastemaker no more, however! The 100% Whole Wheat bread made the perfect vegan French toast. Truth.
And let me assure you that making French toast sure is a lot easier without the eggs to worry about. With nothing but Lindsay’s spicy batter formula, this bread was transformed into a breakfast I know I’ll be repeating, for myself and for anyone who will let me feed it to them!
No maple syrup necessary. More truth.
Dinner tonight was not one but three test recipes, in fact! Down and dirty, vegan southern-style. Takes me straight back to the southern roots I’m told I have. ;)
You’d think it would have been a pain to put together three separate recipes for one meal, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. The Low Country Cucumber Salad was assembled in less than five minutes and shoved into the fridge while the rice began to boil, during which time I assembled and baked this here Corn Pudding:
And once the rice was done cooking, I stirred in a
tomato-ey mix of flavors to make Charleston Red Rice. The corn pudding came out of the oven just as I’d finished the rice!
Naturally, everything was delicious. And I do mean naturally, in all senses of the word!
Now what do we have here?
‘Twould appear that Shannon has bestowed the Beautiful Blogger Award upon me! You are too kind, Shannon, oh bearer of most hallowed Cuisinart ice cream maker. I genuflect before thee (just take my word for it).
Methinks I’m supposed to come up with seven things you don’t know about me. I’ll do my best.
- I’m obsessed with iTunes radio. My favorite stations rotate between Awesome 80s, A Hawaiian Rainbow, African Radio, Calm Radio and Golden Oldies. I have a station for every mood!
- Believe it or not, I don’t always read foodie/health blogs. My favorite gossip blog (not that I read any others) is Dlisted. Blogger Michael K. is mah boo and he makes me laugh on the daily.
- I played a flower fairy in Sleeping Beauty at the end of my first year of ballet. It would have been cute if I wasn’t already 14.
- I’m horribly nearsighted. Without glasses or contacts, I can’t see much past the end of my nose. I guess the glasses and contacts don’t make much of a difference, come to think of it.
- For all my years of dance lessons, ballroom and partner styles make me feel like I have two left feet. Hopefully no one minds when the first dance at my wedding is just me in a pair of tap shoes.
- I spent the first half of my life unable to endure a flight without vomiting. I’m less prone to motion sickness these days, but change “a flight” to “a Megan Fox movie” and you’d still have a true statement.
- I’ve been having freaky dreams every night for a couple months now and I’m not sure why. Must be the Megan Fox movies.
I’m supposed to pass this badge on to seven more bloggers, but I’m going to break the rules and just let Lindsay enjoy all the glory that comes with the Beautiful Blogger Award. It’s the least we can do for the sponsor of all the above food porn, no?