Chocolate has taken over my life, but then again, what else is new? Today, it found its way into my second batch of raw vegan ice cream.
This ice cream really is so easy to make, it nearly grieves me to think I’ve gone this long eating the expensive store-bought version (which contains many more ingredients, to boot!).
So this is just me popping in for a mo’ on a Friday night to update ye olde archives with a chocolate spin on the ice cream formula I’ve been using.
Chocolate Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup cashews, soaked 4 hours or more
- meat of one young coconut
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- less than 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or butter)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa or raw cacao
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Blend all ingredients except for cashews and 1/4 cup water until creamy and smooth.
- Add cashews and remaining water until well blended and fluffy.
- Pour into an airtight container and freeze!
I think it is a result of making this recipe without a proper ice cream maker that it turns out so dense and difficult to scoop once frozen, but that’s nothing a little room temperature can’t conquer after 15-20 minutes.
Top with a crumbled chocolate macaroon from One Lucky Duck for extra happy. :)
In other news, it would appear that I was bestowed with not one, but two awards from fellow bloggers this week! Can you read me blushing through the internets?
Missy awarded me the Over the Top badge. Thank you, ma’am!
In order to accept the award, I need to answer the following questions with only one word.
1. Where is your cell phone? Desk
2. Your hair? Short
3. Your mother? Wise
4. Your father? Thoughtful
5. Your favorite food? Eggplant
6. Your dream last night? None
7. Your favorite drink? Tea
8. Your dream/goal? Happiness
9. What room are you in? Apartment
10. Your hobby? Blogging
11. Your fear? Failure
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Home
13. Where were you last night? Manhattan
14. Something you aren't? Japanese
15. Muffins? Tops?
16. Wish list item? Degree
17. Where did you grow up? Stamford
18. Last thing you did? Eat
19. What are you wearing? Sweats
20. Your TV? Roomie’s
21. Your pets? Boyf
22. Your friends? Awesome
23. Your life? Improving
24. Your mood? Cozy
25. Missing someone? Boyf
26. Vehicle? Subway
27. Something you're not wearing? Pantaloons
28. Your favorite store? Internet!
29. Your favorite color? Green
30. When was the last time you laughed? #21
31. Last time you cried? Recently
32. Your best friend? Roomie
33. One place that I go over and over? Crazy
34. One person who emails me regularly? Mom
35. Favorite place to eat? Home
And if you’ll indulge me a minute longer, allow me to accept this Kreativ Blogger award from Gina!
It’s time for me to tell you 7 things you didn’t know about me! I’ll have to try not to repeat myself from the 25 Random Things… list.
- I’m watching Anne of Green Gables as I type this.
- I would love to be a Zumba instructor.
- My first NYC apartment had bedbugs.
- I clean compulsively.
- I wear pearls of some sort nearly every day.
- I can tap dance.
- Every night I fall asleep vampire-style, with my head turned to the right.
You wouldn’t believe how long it took to think of all these random things to say about myself! Now I’m supposed to pass the responsibility on to 7 other bloggers. I could no sooner choose 7 stars in the sky, but in favor of playing along, I’ll go with…
- Katherine (A Runner Wife’s Life)
- Megan (Runner’s Kitchen)
- Caroline (The Broccoli Hut)
- Gena (Choosing Raw)
- Vani (Fit for Free)
- Sarah (Tales of Expansion)
- Olga (Healthing It)
Y’all got a two-fer to deal with! But who can turn down two awards at once, really? Congratulations, ladies—soak it up, then dish it out!