- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup kamut puffs
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp PB2
- 1/2 6 oz container SO Delicious vanilla soy yogurt
- 1 oz granola from http://www.mixmygranola.com/!*
*You may recall that I meant this breakfast for Thursday morning, but because I forgot the key granola at home, the topping in the picture from Thursday was half of a crumbled Kashi Crunchy Chocolate Peanut bar, just in case you were curious. Both bowls were made using the overnight oat-soak method, which I microwaved in the office and topped with the yogurt and crumbled bar/granola.
My man Raoul at Mix My Granola hooked me up with $20 to spend mixing granola to my heart's desire online, and the granola topping above is the creation I christened "Healthmatron Granola."
I also shared some of my Healthmatron Granola with the boyf, and he ate it dry as pre-workout fuel. He said, "The granola was very tasty and the fruit was not dry at all, which is not what I am used to." Word. In fact, I have shunned the dried papaya heretofore, but now I embrace it in all its sweet, juicy glory.
So if the healthy mix contained all that deliciousness already, what could possibly be left to put in the "un"healthy granola? Voila le Wackysnacky Granola mix, as seen atop yesterday's snack of cottage cheese:
Yes, you're seeing that right, there are chocolate peanut butter balls in there. What else? Let's see...
Mix My Granola is one of those what's-not-to-like? products, but if for some twisted reason you think you have a better idea as to what should go in a 1-lb tube of granola, here's your chance to win some dollars to do it.
Raoul hooked me up not only with $20 for me to play with granola, but threw in another $20 gift certificate to give away. This giveaway is open to anyone to enter, and I'mma give you a couple of options as to how to do so:
- Leave a comment on this post telling me what you would put in your granola! Feel free to also tell me why goji berries, amaranth and chia seeds are good for me. :)
- If you have a blog, earn an extra entry by linking back to this post on yours. Earn a third by adding Soap & Chocolate to your blogroll. Email me to let me know if you did one or both of those options.
- If you don't have a blog, no worries, you can earn your extra entry by shooting me an email. Earn a third entry (or fourth! or fifth! or eleventy-sixth!) in that email for every blog or healthy website you think I should know about. Anything in my current (waaaay outdated) blogroll does not qualify. Bloggers, you don't get to do this - your comment already gives me your link. Sowwy!
My email address is [diana at soapandchocolate dot com]. You have until midnight next Friday, March 20, to enter.